At your service Traditional Pitched Roofing
Pitched roofing is elegantly simple, which is why it’s survived for several thousand years and, although technically it has evolved considerably, the principles are still fundamentally the same.
Pitched roofs have been part of the built environment for around 5000 years; demonstrating what a sound and effective construction method pitched roofing is. Whilst the earliest forms of pitched roof were laid in simple materials such as leaf, bamboo, turf and stone, the last couple of centuries have seen a shift towards alternative materials with roof tiles formed of clay stone or concrete and both natural and man made slates. Today, modern manufacturing processes have resulted in the ability to produce precision-engineered roof tiles/slates, which continue to offer versatile, cost effective and visually appealing roofing solutions. Their colour, performance and ease of installation has established roof tiles and slates as preferred choice of roof covering around the world.
- Versatility and shape, a huge range of roof shapes and types can be accomplished with a pitched roof.
- Structural integrity very effective at carrying and distributing not only the weight of the chosen covering, but also the additional loads applied to it by environmental factors such as wind, rainwater and snow. Gravitational forces naturally clear precipitation off a pitched roof.
- A sustainable platform the pitched roof system is an ideal platform for sustainable technologies such as solar voltaic, solar thermal, or photovoltaic technology. This should be considered by architects when designing roof orientation and pitch.
- Rainwater drainage the pitched roof is exceptionally good at directing water from the roof surface into the guttering and away from the building.
- Wide range of colours to choose from
- Warm in winter, cool in summer a pitched roof protects a house’s facade from solar radiation in summer, thus avoiding overheating, in winter it lets the sun heat the inside and protects against wind- driven rain.
Redland and Marley approved and registered contractors.
Back to all Services